Probably not. All test/retest data indicate the profiles do not change in any statistically significant manner over time. However, there are three common ways that change can occur. Changes in profiles can occur if a person uses drugs or alcohol, has a significant life event (birth of a child, marriage, death in the family, etc.), or seeks to make a conscious behavioural change.
Over 10,000 people assisted by responding to our questionnaires at various times during the development of Emergenetics. They came from all walks of life, e.g. gasoline truck drivers, Jr. League volunteers, middle managers, CEO’s of major corporations, physicians, farmers, etc. They represented a cross section of gender and ethnic groups from the United States and Canada.
Periodically, we update the norms for Emergenetics so that we always stay current with the population’s thinking and sophistication for answering self-scored instruments. Today, hundreds of thousands of individuals have responded to the Emergenetics Questionnaire. These people are located worldwide – most are English speaking.
No instrument, survey form or questionnaire can prevent a person from intentionally answering every item falsely. However, research in over 116 personality trait studies shows that faking and self-report measures do not create biases in test results. (Williams, 1989). To minimise the potential for faking, Emergenetics profile items were carefully chosen for social acceptability and subjected to analysis for inconsistencies..
This is a self-report inventory. Because no other person truly knows how you think, the results would be invalid if another person answered the Emergenetics Questionnaire on your behalf.
Emergenetics distinguishes itself from most all other instruments on the market today in the following ways:
- Emergenetics measures against the population-at-large which makes it statistically more viable than the average psychometric instrument that simply measures, and then quantifies, an individual’s responses against a theoretical right or wrong answer.
- The final product is displayed in a useful, eye-catching, simple, discussion-producing package; yet, don’t let the simplicity fool you. The instrument has many levels and layers that, if unfolded by a trained professional, is very useful for the client.
- Emergenetics measures thinking attributes and behavioural attributes and, unlike Myers Briggs or other popular psychometric instruments, doesn’t confuse the two.
- The creators of Emergenetics, Dr. Wendell Williams and Dr. Geil Browning, have been actively researching pyschometrics and relevant literature including decades of academic investigations, neurological factors associated with split-brain research, genetic and environmental factors identified in mono-zygotic twin-research, and job-related factors identified in assessment-center investigations in order to create and maintain the Emergenetics Profile. This is their life’s work and they are committed to keeping the technology current.
- Bahasa Indonesia
- Bahasa Malaysia
- Chinese – Simplified
- Chinese – Traditional
- Portuguese (only available in hard-copy)
For more infromation, please contact the Emergenetics International office at email@example.com