IT Support Specialist
IT Support Specialist will provide helpdesk and application support as well as light administrator duties. The IT Support Specialist is a service-oriented role who will primarily support the day-to-day activities of internal users and external users of our developed software. The IT Support Specialist will respond to requests from internal users about technology issues and apply knowledge and expertise to resolve issues or respond to requests.
A successful candidate will have helpdesk experience and be comfortable working independently. The ideal candidate will be well-versed in Windows and Mac operating systems with hands-on experience troubleshooting end-user technology problems.
CORE JOB DUTIES
- Provide support for office technology issues and problems
- Offer help via phone, email, in-person and using a ticket management system
- Track issues and update an internal knowledgebase with resolution details
- Track user account creation, changes and deletions
- Support computers, laptops, tablets, smart phones, printers and purchased applications
- Monitor, resolve and escalate alerts from monitoring/antivirus systems
- Monitor backup system alerts and escalate errors
- Maintain MS Office 365 user accounts including rights, permissions and systems groups
- Quickly and accurately triage issues to determine incident scope and impact
- Follow up on tickets at pre-defined intervals until resolved
- Help write training manuals and train users
- Install, modify and repair computer hardware and software
- Provide support for Emergenetics+, our developed system supporting users worldwide, include software testing
- Other duties as assigned
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Ability to easily work and communicate with others
- Effectively present technical information to non-technical people
- Minimum three years of experience in IT field
- Good technical knowledge of computer hardware
- Hands-on Windows and Mac troubleshooting
- Working experience with MS Office applications
- Advanced problem solving and analytical skills
- Sincere interest in the company’s products and services
- Capably represents the company and its brands
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Emergenetics International creates positive and productive working cultures in organizations around the world. We help individuals, teams and entire organizations become more collaborative and effective so that they can realize their full potential. Our sister organization, STEP (Student/Teacher Emergenetics Program™), equips educators with the skills to enhance culture, create an environment of acceptance and positively impact student achievement. Guided by our values of Integrity, Quality, Sustainability and Family, we’re a growing organization with offices in the U.S., Singapore and Dublin. We’ve won numerous awards, including the 2014 Colorado Companies to Watch and the Denver Metro Chamber of Commerce’s 2018 Woman-Owned Business of the Year.
Emergenetics International provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Emergenetics International complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.