both with our clients and within our own organization.
Who We Are
Headquartered in Denver, Colorado and with global offices in Singapore and Dublin, Ireland, Emergenetics is dedicated to helping individuals tap into their strengths, teams work together more effectively and organizations maximize business results.
We develop research-based psychometric instruments and deliver human capital solutions across industries and through a network of global partners. We are guided by our core values – Quality, Integrity, Sustainability and Family – and we have a passion for helping people thrive. We are a dynamic group dedicated to embracing our unique strengths and working together as a collaborative and innovative team—and together we’ve won numerous awards including 2014 Colorado Companies to Watch and the Inc. 5000 List of Fastest Growing US Companies the past six years in a row.
IT Support Specialist
Emergenetics International is looking for an IT Support Specialist who will provide help desk and application support as well as light administrator duties. The IT Support Specialist is a service-oriented role who will primarily support the day-to-day activities of internal users and external users of our developed software. The IT Support Specialist will respond to requests from internal users about technology issues and apply knowledge and expertise to resolve issues or respond to requests. The position is for a self-motivated entry level person with a firm knowledge of computers. This role will require little to no network administration.
A successful candidate will be a quick learner who is very comfortable completing help desk tasks and able to work independently and with others. The ideal candidate will also be well-versed in Windows and Mac operating systems. Hands-on experience troubleshooting technical problems would be helpful.
CORE JOB DUTIES
- Provide support for office technology issues and problems
- Offer help via phone, email, in-person and using a ticket management system
- Track issues and update an internal knowledge base with resolution details
- Track user account creation, changes and deletions
- Support computers, laptops, tablets, smart phones, printers and purchased applications
- Monitor, resolve and escalate alerts from monitoring/antivirus systems
- Monitor backup system alerts and escalate errors
- Maintain MS Office 365 user accounts including rights, permissions and systems groups
- Quickly and accurately triage issues to determine incident scope and impact
- Follow up on tickets at pre-defined intervals until resolved
- Help write training manuals and train users
- Install, modify and repair computer hardware and software
- Provide support for Emergenetics+, our developed system supporting users worldwide, including software testing
- Other duties as assigned
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Ability to easily work and communicate with others
- Effectively present technical information to non-technical people
- Good general technical knowledge
- Hands-on Windows and Mac troubleshooting would be helpful
- Experience with MS Office applications
- Problem solving and analytical skills
Please send your resume and optional cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Emergenetics International provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Emergenetics International complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.