Probably not. All test/retest data indicates the Profiles do not change in any statistically significant manner over time. However, there are three common ways that change can occur. Changes in Profiles can occur if a person uses drugs or alcohol, has a significant life event (birth of a child, marriage, death in the family, etc.), or seeks to make a conscious behavioral change.
No instrument, survey form or questionnaire can prevent a person from intentionally answering every item falsely. However, research in over 116 personality trait studies shows that faking and self-report measures do not create biases in test results. (Williams, 1989). To minimize the potential for faking, Emergenetics Profile items were carefully chosen for social acceptability and subjected to analysis for inconsistencies.
This is a self-report inventory. Because no other person truly knows how you think, the results would be invalid if another person answered the Emergenetics Questionnaire on your behalf.
Emergenetics measures against the population-at-large which makes it statistically more viable than the average psychometric instrument that simply measures, and then quantifies, an individual’s responses against a theoretical right or wrong answer.
The final product is displayed in a useful, eye-catching, simple, discussion-producing package; yet, don’t let the simplicity fool you. The instrument has many levels and layers that, if unfolded by a trained professional, is very useful for the client.
The creators of Emergenetics, Dr. Wendell Williams and Dr. Geil Browning, have been actively researching pyschometrics and relevant literature including decades of academic investigations, neurological factors associated with split-brain research, genetic and environmental factors identified in mono-zygotic twin-research, and job-related factors identified in assessment-center investigations in order to create and maintain the Emergenetics Profile. This is their life’s work and they are committed to keeping the technology current.
The Emergenetics Questionnaire has been translated into the following languages:
- Bahasa Indonesia
- Bahasa Malaysia
- Chinese – Simplified
- Chinese – Traditional
For more infromation, please contact the Emergenetics International office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
There are a few ways that you can take your Emergenetics Profile.
- If you are an individual interested in purchasing an Emergenetics Profile for yourself, fill out this form to speak with our team.
- If you have a control code from your organization or an Emergenetics Associate, follow this link to create your Emergenetics+ account and complete the Emergenetics questionnaire.
- When you are ready to take the Emergenetics Profile, please be sure you have enough time to finish the 20-minute questionnaire before filling out the registration page as both must be completed in one sitting. If you do not complete the questionnaire immediately after registering and creating your Emergenetics+ account, you will need to re-register.
- If you have taken the Emergenetics Profile previously, please inform your facilitator before attempting to complete the questionnaire again.
Emergenetics honors confidentiality, so how you choose to use your Emergenetics results and what you share is entirely up to you. If you wish to share your results with a third party or organization so your Profile may be used in learning activities in your workshop, indicate the third party you wish to release to in the yellow box at the bottom of the registration page of your Emergenetics questionnaire.
If you missed this box while taking your questionnaire or have changed your mind since completion, you can update the release field through your account on our Emergenetics+ web portal or App.
- Log in to https://plus.emergenetics.com using your email address and the password that you set when registering to take the Profile.
- If you do not recall your password, you can reset it using the “Forgot your password?” link on the login page.
- Click on the account icon (in the upper right-hand corner) once logged in.
- Select “My Account Settings” from the drop-down menu.
- Click the “Personal Info” tab.
- Enter the company or third party you wish to release your results to in the “Release” field at the bottom of the form field.
- Click the green “Save” button at the bottom of the page to save your changes.
While you can retake your Emergenetics Profile, it is unlikely that your results will be different than in your original assessment. The Emergenetics Profile has high test-retest validity, and typically, results only change following a serious life event.
If you have been asked to take the questionnaire again, please inform your facilitator of your previous Profile before attempting the questionnaire.
If you received an error at any time during the questionnaire, please contact Support@emergenetics.com for assistance.
Once you have been debriefed on your Emergenetics Profile, you can access the results at any time from our Emergenetics+ the web portal and mobile application, which is available on the App Store or Google Play Store.
You can log in with the email address and password you used to register for the questionnaire. If you do not recall your password, you can reset it using the “Forgot your password?” link on the login page. If your email address has changed, please contact Support@emergenetics.com for assistance in accessing your Profile.
To log into the app, use the same username and password as you do in the Emergenetics+ web portal.
If you still have challenges logging in, please email email@example.com.