If you have ever interviewed for a job, you’ve probably been asked the question: What are your strengths? It’s one of the first questions job seekers might prepare for, considering that any future employer, manager or colleague will want to know how you will positively impact their organization.
For those who have an Emergenetics® Profile, you have an advantage in answering this question that you may not even be aware of. Because the Profile reveals your innate brilliances, you can use these insights to articulate the gifts you would bring to any role.
As you prepare for your next interview or as you advance your career within your current organization, consider how you can talk about your preferences to demonstrate the strengths you bring to each position.
And, remember, as you review these suggestions, you may identify with strengths mentioned in your preferred Attributes and even in those that you do not have a preference. After all, the Profile measures our preferences, not skill, and we all possess each Attribute, so be sure to take a look at each one as your consider what all reflects your gifts.
Those with an Analytical preference often share the innate strengths below:
- Logical problem solver
- Easily assimilates information
- Researcher who brings care and consideration for accurate data
- Level-headed thinker who readily connects to the bottom line
For those with a Structural preference, reflect on these gifts that are commonly found in this Attribute:
- Detail-oriented and thorough
- Brings order to chaos, effectively implementing ideas
- Enjoys tying up all loose ends to see projects to completion
- Follows through on commitments
Those with a Social preference commonly share these brilliances:
- Empathic and compassionate
- Intuitively understands others
- Tactfully communicates positive and difficult messages
- Considers the impact on others in decision making
For those with a Conceptual preference, consider these assets commonly found in this Attribute:
- Future-oriented, global thinker
- Connects seemingly disparate topics to find commonalities
- Breaks down barriers to find solutions
- Connects back to the big picture and vision
For those in the first-third of Expressiveness, consider these gifts you may have:
- Carefully weighs input
- Forms thoughts before speaking
For those in the third-third of Expressiveness, you may possess these brilliances:
- Outwardly shares ideas with others
- Talks through possible solutions
For those in the first-third of Assertiveness, consider whether these common strengths resonate with you:
- Mediates disagreements in a peaceful manner
- Builds consensus within groups
For those in the third-third of Assertiveness, you may possess these assets:
- Brings energy and pace to drive projects forward
- Engages in healthy debate to flesh out ideas
For those in the first-third of Flexibility, reflect on these brilliances that are often found with this Attribute:
- Brings focus to projects and tasks
- Asks important, clarifying questions in the midst of change
For those in the third-third of Flexibility, you may identify with these gifts associated with this preference:
- Welcomes change with an open mind
- Discovers new opportunities within each solution
For those in the second-third of any Behavior, reflect on these strengths that you may possess:
- Flexes naturally between Behavioral styles, enabling you to see all angles
- Builds bridges between preferences
As you consider your next career move or how you plan to grow within your organization, it’s highly likely that you will be asked to define the strengths you bring to each role. I encourage you to think about how you can lean on your Profile to talk about the inherent assets you bring to the workplace, which benefit your teammates, colleagues and organization. For more ideas, consider referring back to your Profile, personalized Narrative Report or the Emergenetics+ app!
If you are interested in learning more about the gifts of your teams, leaders and emerging professionals, fill out the form below to learn more about bringing Emergenetics to your organization!