Recently I had the honor of contributing to a podcast by Impact Teams Radio on authentic and adaptive leadership. The Podcast, episode 24, addresses the ways to best communicate the value of people on a company’s bottom line. The biggest factor in a company’s success is maximizing the way that their people are working together to produce optimum results.
Here’s some key adaptive leadership learnings from the podcast:
- As a leader, you have to constantly revisit the execution process to make sure everything runs smoothly.
- Authentic leadership starts with self-awareness, knowing where your strengths lie, and accept that things that can be challenging for you.
- Leadership means understanding that you don’t always have the answers but having the courage to ask others to bring their insights to get those answers.
- Curiosity is a key component of leadership – always be curious and receptive to finding new ideas.
- Delegation is not the same as empowerment. Empowering others can bring even greater results than simply delegating.
- With growth, either personally or as a company, comes challenges. One of the biggest challenges for leaders of growing teams is to know how to step out of the weeds and the day-to-day.
- As a leader, you have to increase your adaptability and be flexible.
Listen to the podcast to get more tidbits on authentic and adaptive leadership: